Re: Do the wooden parts of PB need to be re-fribreglassed?

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 12:13 PM
      John,

      I'm not really sure what you mean by re-fiberglass. You didn't
      mention what model year of bote you have so I don't know what parts
      you have that are wooden. The only wooden part in the older Genesis
      IV PB is the transom and it is marine grade plywood with a coat of
      black enamel paint. If you feel that it may need extra protection
      you could give it a good coat of oil base or epoxy paint and let it
      dry thoroughly before use. If you have the older Gensis III PB that
      has the wooden seats, the same applies to them. They are marine
      grade plywood and if you feel they need extra protection give them a
      good coat of oil base or epoxy paint. If you have only used it for
      three months, I'm sure this could wait until winter so you don't have
      to interrupt the season to let oil base or epoxy paint dry. Full
      drying of oil base paint takes about a week, but it is super durable
      and water proof. Epoxy paint should be cured in 24 hours and is even
      more durable than oil base paint and is also water proof.

      Where are you using your bote in the sea all the time? I'm
      interested to know how you care for your bote with constant exposure
      to saltwater. Also, how far do you go out, under what conditions and
      what kind of fish to you go after primarily? Dan