[California PortaBoters] Re: Broken bote, I need support

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 26, 2013
      Nice job of the repair Raphael.
      If it took 7 years to damage your bote, it goes to show that the bote isn't as flimsy as some have made out.
      It wouldn't matter if it were an aluminium boat or a Corvette convertible, rubbing for a long time is bound to cause damage.

      What do you do with the fish after you catch them.
      I just read that once they reach 33lb they aren't very nice for eating.

      Do these catfish have poisonous spikes like their smaller cousins?

      Thanks for sharing.

      Cheers,
      Matt

      --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "raphael.belisson" <raphael.belisson@...> wrote:

      > hi.
      > I have sent an other message regarding the bote repair (and the fishs), and also uploaded new pictures in the appropriate folder.
      >
      > To make it short:
      > The engine shaft damaged the boat, by rubbing it during years. To be more precise, a stupid "Aluminium spoiler" on the shaft did the job.
      > I fixed the boat with tape, and fixed the shaft by filing it.
      > Both look ok now.
      > The boat is now folded, I will try to see how it works in about 2 weeks from now (aside from fishing, I have a job + a family, so not so much time)
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Smith" <matthewrs@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Were they the fish?
      > >
      > > I thought that was your bait hahahaha.
      > >
      > > All jokes aside, they are certainly a decent size.
      > >
      > > What are they called?
      > >
      > > Can you eat them?
      > >
      > > They look a bit like a catfish.
      > >

      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Matt

    • rubenrolda1972
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 27 6:40 AM
        Thanks for the tip. I will try this out.