Anybody using a 9.9hp on a 10 ft. portabote?

  • tomjessop7
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
      I'm considering buying a 10 ft. porta bote for use as a sailboat
      tender. I own a 9.9 Johnson. I'd rather not buy a second engine if
      that one can be used. The weight with oil is 76 lb. Any one know
      what would be the performance of a 10 footer with this engine?
    • tjulkowski
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
        This link will take you to porta-bote's spec page. They list max
        gasoline engine weight as 54 pounds for the 10 and 12 foot botes.
        http://www.portabote.com/spec.html Tom
      • tomjessop7
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
          --- In californiaportaboters@yahoogroups.com, tjulkowski
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > This link will take you to porta-bote's spec page. They list max
          > gasoline engine weight as 54 pounds for the 10 and 12 foot botes.
          > http://www.portabote.com/spec.html Tom
          Thanks Tom,
          I knew of the spec. but I own a 9.9hp and want to use it if possible.
          For example I used the 9.9 on an inflatable "rated" for 8hp max. It
          worked fine. I did reinforce it to take the extra power. I wondered
          if others had done similar things with the Porta Bote.