RE: [California PortaBoters] Marine carpet.

  • john royalty
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012
      I have used basic outdoor carpet for 4 years in my 10' footer (purchased
      from Home Depot) with rubber backing. I cut sections to fit the hull space.
      It has never slid around and is just removed and put in my bag w/ seats,
      etc. It keeps the hull area warm in cooler weather and is very durable.

      Jack from Aiken, SC

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2013
        Hi. My lady got me a used 10' for my bday that actually came with what I believe was marine carpet. Unfortunately the carpet is starting to lift and of mold in some spots. My plan was to remove it all an cover the glue residue with maybe a light coat truck bed liner or something similar. I considerd more carpet but I don't want another mold/mildew problem later on down the line.....