Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

SIZE OF PORTADOLLY

Expand Messages
  • sacrol232@ymail.com
    Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
    • Tongan98
      Hey, good luck with the home made dolly - The actual porta-bote dolly has been researched and proven to work well & will be hard to duplicate without access to
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        Hey, good luck with the home made dolly - The actual porta-bote dolly has been researched and proven to work well & will be hard to duplicate without access to a good machine shop-even then, expect to pay what you would for the real thing. Swallow your pride and order the porta-bote dolly-you will discover the value with the first use. Just my opinion, having priced the do-it-yourself route with this item.

        --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "sacrol232@..." <sacrol232@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
        >
      • Rick
        There is an earlier thread on this topic too with some info you may be able to use. From other forum threads, it seems the newish side mounted dolly wheel set
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          There is an earlier thread on this topic too with some info you may be able to use. From other forum threads, it seems the newish side mounted dolly wheel set may be more trouble than my old GenIII Pbote (90s era) kayak/canoe style dolly, that folded pretty compact, been used all over, and no problems. Actually use it on my inflatable too. May consider a folding kayak/canoe cart with maybe some additional fore and aft bars/tubes clipped to it. Just thoughts, R

          --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "sacrol232@..." <sacrol232@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
          >
        • sacrol232@ymail.com
          ... You say that there is a previous thread on this topic, but I ve been looking and have not found it, if you type the url I would be grateful, but I need to
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <ricknriver@...> wrote:
            >
            > There is an earlier thread on this topic too with some info you may be able to use. From other forum threads, it seems the newish side mounted dolly wheel set may be more trouble than my old GenIII Pbote (90s era) kayak/canoe style dolly, that folded pretty compact, been used all over, and no problems. Actually use it on my inflatable too. May consider a folding kayak/canoe cart with maybe some additional fore and aft bars/tubes clipped to it. Just thoughts, R
            >
            > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "sacrol232@" <sacrol232@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
            > >
            >



            You say that there is a previous thread on this topic, but I've been looking and have not found it, if you type the url I would be grateful, but I need to know is the size of the bottom piece, the size from the base to curvature of the middle of the piece and the size of the folded side to catch the boat ... if this appears in another thread, please tell me which is that interest me much, I want to make now because this week I bring the water and there is a good stretch to it ... thanks
          • IAN
            Hello. Have a look on the second page of photos on this forum. Fourth photo file along will show you how I adapted some 22mm copper plumbing tubing for my
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              Hello. Have a look on the second page of photos on this forum. Fourth photo file along will show you how I adapted some 22mm copper plumbing tubing for my porta-dolly. Incidently I use my 12ft Bote as a tender for my Trawler Yacht that is currently moored in Almerimar. What is your location in Spain. You can see my PB located under the flybridge roof. Ian Streten

              --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "sacrol232@..." <sacrol232@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
              >
            • sacrol232@ymail.com
              ... Hello. I saw the copper adaptation you have done, but I have no welding set and I can not that easy, I thought of taking the measurements of the aluminum
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "IAN" <ian.streten@...> wrote:
                >
                > Hello. Have a look on the second page of photos on this forum. Fourth photo file along will show you how I adapted some 22mm copper plumbing tubing for my porta-dolly. Incidently I use my 12ft Bote as a tender for my Trawler Yacht that is currently moored in Almerimar. What is your location in Spain. You can see my PB located under the flybridge roof. Ian Streten
                >
                > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "sacrol232@" <sacrol232@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello, I live in Spain and there are no stores that sell portabote and second I have reported very few boats of this kind in the country, I have a portabote-genesis-IV, and I would make a dolly for carrying my boat, because I can not pay that much money for a piece of aluminum bent and 2 wheels, all I would need portadolly accurate measurements of the width of the aluminum does not matter, but the extent of bending curvature in degrees and I would be very useful also to make parts, if someone on the forum has purchased or has it by some means, if you could do me the favor to measure the pieces and say the measures would be very grateful. I guess I'm not the only one I will do, thanks in advance.
                > >
                >
                Hello. I saw the copper adaptation you have done, but I have no welding set and I can not that easy, I thought of taking the measurements of the aluminum sheets and make them ask me the same, the truth that what you have fact is very good and if I could do not doubt that you would but could not, I would more expensive than me soldier ...
                My boat is in Madrid, I carry when I go fishing and bring me to the garage, not in the street never sleeps ...
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.