Re: [California PortaBoters] Porta bote wheel dolly

  • jonas_blazys_y
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2011
      It is sad but true :( I'm gonna make new seats from plywood because mine is cracking badly. Price for new seats are ridiculous here in europe.

      --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "Roberto De Angelis" <deangelis49@...> wrote:

      > In my experience, finding Portabote replacement parts is difficult.
      > I, for example, I contacted many importers here in Europe (as well as the factory), to have two new stickers and a few seat stainless steel locking pins that I had lost.
      > But nobody could help me. Frankly, this seems strange for a product so special (and so expensive, at least here in Europe).
      > If I can, I suggest the manufacturer to provide to buyers a service availability of spare parts adequate to the reputation of the product.
      > It may be sufficient, for example, equip a small assortment of commonly used spare parts (pins, seats, removable transoms) for each supply of new boats ordered by the official dealers. This would be very useful also for the fact that some components change over the years (for exeple seats) and finding an old spare would be very helpful.
      > Alternatively, the producer himself should secure the delivery of spare parts for customers all over the world. shipping costs would be substantial, but at least the buyer could hold its Portabote in perfect working order during the years.
      > It quite frankly disheartening to see (even for the reputation of the product itself) boats with replace seats made of old wood, just because the owner could not find an original piece.
      > I, for example, will replace the damaged "Portabote" stickers on the sides with others with the brand of my outboard. I do not think that this fact will help the product knowledge.
      > Roberto
      > Roma- Italy

    • Roberto De Angelis
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2011
        I had written that it was difficult to find spare parts for Portabote (I needed two stickers and few seat stainless steel locking pins that I had lost).
        But, after a mail to the factory, I was surprised to receive directly from the manufacturer these parts at no charge.
        So I have to correct my words and I again thank the Portabote Company for providing so special assistance for its customers.
        thanks again
        Roberto De Angelis
        Roma - Italy
        deangelis49@...