Our little Ori-Boto was a big hit on the Colorado River

  • jbmoreno50
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      We've had our Porta-bote now for two years now, but have never been cheered and complimented so much as we were at Park Moabe, CA on the Colorado river.
      We used the boat to ferry our friends and pets to the marina and store for beer and ice, we ran our 6 hp Tohatsu for 3 days on one tank of gas, used up less than 3 gallons of fuel. We even made a 34 mile round trip tour into Topock gorge. At the end of each day we rolled our ORI-BOTO up behind our ORI-Trailer(folding trailer).
      Great little boat, we can almost predict there will be more Porta-botes there next year.
      We posted some pictures under ORI-BOTO

      ORI-CAMPERS
      Barbara and Joe
    • chadaliso
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        That's pretty cool! Where did you guys camp? On the peninsula?
        34 mile round trip? How long did that take? All day?
        -Chad

        --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "jbmoreno50" <jbmoreno50@...> wrote:

        > We've had our Porta-bote now for two years now, but have never been cheered and complimented so much as we were at Park Moabe, CA on the Colorado river.
        > We used the boat to ferry our friends and pets to the marina and store for beer and ice, we ran our 6 hp Tohatsu for 3 days on one tank of gas, used up less than 3 gallons of fuel. We even made a 34 mile round trip tour into Topock gorge. At the end of each day we rolled our ORI-BOTO up behind our ORI-Trailer(folding trailer).
        > Great little boat, we can almost predict there will be more Porta-botes there next year.
        > We posted some pictures under ORI-BOTO
        >
        > ORI-CAMPERS
        > Barbara and Joe

      • jbmoreno50
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          Hi Chad,

          Yes we camped on the Peninsula site number 5.
          The trip to the Gorge and back including one 20 minute stop took 3 hours. We had two adults and two dogs in our Ori-boto.
          Boaters parked in the marina said they had seen us there and wanted to know more about the boat. Alot of them had never seen a Porta-bote before.

          Barbara and Joe