HP upgrade for 9.8 Nissan

  • pianewman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      I think I read here someone's idea that a change of carb and/or jets
      could bump the 9.8's hp up to 15. Is that possible?
      It sounds fishy, but I thought I'd ask anyway. It might be nice to
      have the extra power when moving 3 adults and 2 kids around in my 14'.
      Thanks.
    • techmoose99
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2009
        I think you may be thinking about a discussion regarding the 4,5 and 6
        HP motors. These motors all have the same displacement, however from
        what I recall, they use different cams and carbs. The displacement
        for the 9.8 is 209cc's and the displacement for the 15 is 351 cc's. I
        don't see how you could change a 9 HP into a 15 HP with just a carb
        change.

        Moose