Bow cap...

  • winfieldracer
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 8:07 AM
      Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
      bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I can't
      find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
      vendors selling accessories online...

      I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made here; and
      I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an area to
      put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't have the
      time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already named my
      PB)...

      Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can sell me a
      original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
      group that has a used one that they could sell me...

      Michael
    • portabot
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 8:32 AM
        If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you can
        order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
        the parts department.

        PortaTech

        --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@...>
        wrote:

        > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
        > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I can't
        > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
        > vendors selling accessories online...
        >
        > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made here; and
        > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an area to
        > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't have the
        > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already named my
        > PB)...
        >
        > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can sell me a
        > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
        > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
        >
        > Michael

      • bill_teixeira
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 10:13 AM
          We sent our bowcap for a swim last year also...any pics of the
          bladder type available?

          Thanx, Bill
          --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "portabot" <sk@...> wrote:

          > If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you
          can
          > order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
          > the parts department.
          >
          > PortaTech
          >
          > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come
          with a
          > > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I
          can't
          > > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
          > > vendors selling accessories online...
          > >
          > > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made here;
          and
          > > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an
          area to
          > > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't
          have the
          > > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already
          named my
          > > PB)...
          > >
          > > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can sell
          me a
          > > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
          > > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
          > >
          > > Michael

        • dac50s
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 10:56 AM
            Hi Michael,

            My name is David Cheetham and I make Portabote flooring as seen on
            Don'splace (Don Krauss). I can make a bow attachment for anchor,
            nav lights & rope tie-up. Email me at Dac50s@....

            David

            --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "portabot" <sk@...> wrote:

            > If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you can
            > order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
            > the parts department.
            >
            > PortaTech
            >
            > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
            > > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I can't
            > > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
            > > vendors selling accessories online...
            > >
            > > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made here; and
            > > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an area to
            > > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't have the
            > > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already named my
            > > PB)...
            > >
            > > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can sell me a
            > > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
            > > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
            > >
            > > Michael

          • dac50s
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1 11:25 AM
              Michael.....Forgot to send Don's website! look under 2007 updates!

              http://donsplace.smugmug.com/portabote

              David

              --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "dac50s" <dac50s@...> wrote:

              > Hi Michael,
              >
              > My name is David Cheetham and I make Portabote flooring as seen on
              > Don'splace (Don Krauss). I can make a bow attachment for anchor,
              > nav lights & rope tie-up. Email me at Dac50s@...
              >
              > David
              >

              > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "portabot" <sk@> wrote:
              > >
              > > If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you can
              > > order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
              > > the parts department.
              > >
              > > PortaTech
              > >
              > > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
              > > > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I
              can't
              > > > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
              > > > vendors selling accessories online...
              > > >
              > > > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made
              here; and
              > > > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an
              area to
              > > > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't
              have the
              > > > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already
              named my
              > > > PB)...
              > > >
              > > > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can
              sell me a
              > > > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
              > > > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
              > > >
              > > > Michael

            • dac50s
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1 11:28 AM
                Sorry forgot the "s" at the end of portabotes should read

                http://donsplace.smugmug.com/portabotes

                David

                -- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "portabot" <sk@...> wrote:

                > If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you can
                > order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
                > the parts department.
                >
                > PortaTech
                >
                > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
                > > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I can't
                > > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
                > > vendors selling accessories online...
                > >
                > > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made here; and
                > > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an area to
                > > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't have the
                > > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already named my
                > > PB)...
                > >
                > > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can sell me a
                > > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
                > > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
                > >
                > > Michael

              • Wes Barclay
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1 11:56 AM
                  This website gives.....
                  Don > portabote

                  No galleries found

                  dac50s <dac50s@...> wrote:
                  Michael.....Forgot to send Don's website! look under 2007 updates!

                  http://donsplace.smugmug.com/portabote

                  David

                  --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "dac50s" <dac50s@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Michael,
                  >
                  > My name is David Cheetham and I make Portabote flooring as seen on
                  > Don'splace (Don Krauss). I can make a bow attachment for anchor,
                  > nav lights & rope tie-up. Email me at Dac50s@...
                  >
                  > David
                  >

                  > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "portabot" <sk@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If no one has a "used" bowcap with the new bladder attachment, you can
                  > > order one from porta-Bote directly. Call 1(650) 961-5334 and ask for
                  > > the parts department.
                  > >
                  > > PortaTech
                  > >
                  > > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Just picked up a used 2004 12'er on a good deal. Didn't come with a
                  > > > bow cap and I figured I'd just get one from "somewhere". Well I
                  can't
                  > > > find "somewhere"; I'm a bit surprised that I can't easily find PB
                  > > > vendors selling accessories online...
                  > > >
                  > > > I love some of the custom made bow caps that many have made
                  here; and
                  > > > I think that really is the way to go. The bow really needs an
                  area to
                  > > > put a anchor cleat at the very least. But right now, I don't
                  have the
                  > > > time to put in to make a custom bow cap for "Chuy" (I already
                  named my
                  > > > PB)...
                  > > >
                  > > > Therefore, can anyone give me some leads of vendors that can
                  sell me a
                  > > > original bow cap...or perhaps there is someone here in this lively
                  > > > group that has a used one that they could sell me...
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael

                • Max Hozven
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 1 12:16 PM
                    It's missing the "s" at the end of the url.

                    http://donsplace.smugmug.com/portabotes

                    -Max

                    --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PortaBote%40yahoogroups.com> ,

                    <mailto:PortaBote%40yahoogroups.com> , "winfieldracer" <winfieldracer@>