Re: Anchor rope? -REPLY

  • jbgordonca
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 5, 2008
      I can not believe it would not be a lot cheaper to buy it in the UK.
      Check out any marine hardware store or boat supply place.Here it is
      sold by the foot or in set lenghts, some with a nice spliced in
      loop at one end. Jim Gordon

      --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "petekennett" <petekennett@...>
      wrote:

      > So, any pointers to sellers who ship to the UK? Not sure whether
      the
      > shipping cost would make it the same to buy from here. I reckon
      i'll
      > be looking at 20 plus metres of 10-12mm diameter.
      > Cheers, Pete.
      >
      > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "marcb2003" <mberoz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Pete,
      > > What you call multi-plaited we generally refer to as double
      braid.
      > > That would be fine or you could use the more inexpensive 3-
      strand
      > > rope. Either rope would work. I always have extra line around
      from
      > my
      > > sailboat & am using some New England Ropes Sta-Set which is
      double
      > > braid. This is better rope than I needed but I happen to have
      some
      > > laying around. I believe my anchor line is about 12mm diameter.
      > > Best Regards, Marc
      > >
      > > --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "petekennett" <petekennett@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for the replies folks.
      > > > So would the multi-plaited nylon rope be suitable?
      > > > Cheers, Pete.

    • petekennett
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 5, 2008
        Hi Jim,
        You're right there! With a bit of searching around (er, ebay...)
        i've bought 100 feet of white soft nylon braided 10mm rope
        for ....... £12.50!!! I think i've got a bargain there! :-)
        Cheers, Pete.