Re: Pulling PB up the ramp.

  • bj3684@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2007
      I recently solved this problem by contacting _gmwinslo@..._
      (mailto:gmwinslo@...) .

      He will fabricate a bracket that fits a hitch. This bracket has a vertical
      square tube in which a pole or short mast will fit. The PortaBote will attach to
      this via short rope through the grommets, fit close to the vehicle, and be
      raised to the proper level for ground clearance.

      Mention my internet address when discussing this with Winslo, and he will
      know exactly what to fabricate.

      Picture available from me upon request via email.

      Good luck

    • bj36844
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 2, 2007
        I now have photos of the bracket and description of how it is used.
        Just email me, and its yours.

        BJ3684@...
      • bj36844
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 2, 2007
          I now have photos of the bracket and description of how it is used.
          Just email me, and its yours.

          BJ3684@...
        • james holland
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 5, 2007
            Has anyone tried Recreation Industries Tow Bar?

            http://www.eideboatloader.com/towbar.html

            ************ ********* ********* ******** See what's new at http://www.aol com

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 6, 2007
              The above system requires a permanent bow bracket to be attached to the PortaBote, something which would interfere with the folding/dissassembly process.

              Anyone interested in a similar bracket, less costly, and readily available should email me and I will forward pictures of my installation.

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 7, 2007
                The bow bracket does not have to be used. Just loop rope thru the bow grommets and hook it over the vertical bracket.