Re: [California PortaBoters] What trolling motor thrust for a 12' PB ???

  • Chris Allermann
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
      Is that 4-5 hours of continous run-time or is that a total time on the water
      number?

      On 5/31/07, arkadiy bekerman <psv96@...> wrote:

      > Hey Polar,
      > I have cheap battery from Wallmart (55$) for second season. Usually, it
      > run for 4- 5 hours normally, after starts to slow down. After 6-7 hours, it
      > shows 15-20 % before recharging. I replaced original Minn Kota propeller for
      > Kipawa (3 blades) and it seems the battery holds better and boat run litle
      > faster.
      >
      > N Andrews <polarboler@... <polarboler%40yahoo.ca>> wrote: Hey Psv,
      >
      > How long does the motor run for you and your partner on a fully charged
      > battery?
      >
      > Polar
      >
      > arkadiy bekerman <psv96@... <psv96%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      > I have 46 lb Minn Kota Endura with Kipawa propeller. Me and my partner are
      > big boys (about 420-430 lb) plus battery and fishing stuff. The maximum
      > speed according GPS was 4 mph. Not fast, but is better then rowing.
      > Regards, Psv
      >
      > xpawel16x <xpawel16x@... <xpawel16x%40yahoo.com>> wrote: Currently I
      > have a 36 thrust Minn Kota Endura. I fish lakes and
      > reservours from 50 to 500 acres. Most of the lakes in my area are
      > electric only. So 1 trolling motor is my primary motor. My 36 thrust
      > even at the fastest 5th gear is pretty slow to get into other parts of
      > lakes. It's like a fast walk. 2 people on boat. So which thrust should
      > I get?

    • arkadiy bekerman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hey Chris,
        I'm casting style of fisherman. I moved a lot accross the lakes and as I described before first 4-5 hours is ok, after you feel some slowness. The battery never been discharged completely.
        Regards, PSV