      From: "hbillsmith@..." <hbillsmith@...>
      To: PortaBote@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:03 AM
      Subject: [California PortaBoters] FYI Bote Parts Weights for RV members who may need to know

      I have a pretty tight tongue weight allowance on my travel trailer RV.  I carry the bote parts in a storage bin at the very front of the travel trailer RV.  Basically, every pound is weighed so that I stay within the weight limits specified by my Tow Vehicle manufacturer (only 600 pounds for me and unfortunately this mfg. does not count improvement applied by a Weight Distribution Hitch).  With the storage bin empty, my trailer&apos;s tongue weight is 505 pounds so I only have 95 pounds available.  When traveling, I store the hull on the roof carrier and the other Bote parts in the Bin. For that reason I will be changing to an Alpha model&apos;s lighter seats (saves 14 pounds).
      For anyone interested, I did some weighing and confirmed with Sandy that these are the correct weight comparisons.
      The website only lists hull weight so now I have the full picture.
      • OLDER     Bote 1997 Genesis III 12&apos;6" model - Bote Hull – 75 pounds; Bote Seats – 39 pounds; Bote Transom – 14 pounds = TOTAL for all parts and hull 128 pounds

      • NEWEST Bote 2013 Alpha One 12&apos;6"  model - Bote Hull (includes transom) – 87 pounds;  Bote Seats – 25 pounds = TOTAL for all parts and hull 112 pounds
      This doesn&apos;t include my swivel seats, the oars, porta-dolly and my anchor since I&apos;m now shopping  for lighter weight seats and a lighter anchor.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic