19849Re: [California PortaBoters] RE: 20 minute $20 dolly

  • Rob
    Sep 29, 2013
      Thanks Matt!  I'd be happy to answer any questions, but its pretty self explanatory.

      Suggested improvements: some sort of sleeve so the threads of the bolts don't carve themselves into the inside of the wheel.  And nylon lock nuts so they dont back themselves our while you wheel it around.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 4:35 PM, <matthewrs@...> wrote:

      Hi guys,

      I just uploaded Rob's $20.00, 20 minute dolly pics to the forum for him.

      You will find them in the photo section.

      Cheers,

      Matt

      ---In portabote@yahoogroups.com, <sealovertech@...> wrote:

      Matt, I just sent them to your email address. Sorry I can't get them up here without a real computer.

      Check your spam folder if you don't see them.
      Rob

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 5:28 PM, <matthewrs@...> wrote:

      Hopefully someone with an iPad may be able to help.

      I'm really keen to see your pics.

      Cheers,

      Matt

      ---In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, <portabote@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I got an iPad because I got tired of 5-minute boot ups and constant antivirus scans, popup updates and other nuisances I had with a not-that-old computer.   I'll try it on my work computer sometime.

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 4:49 PM, <matthewrs@...> wrote:

      I don't have an iPad, but can you save your pictures to a computer from your iPad and upload from there?

      Cheers,

      Matt

      ---In portabote@yahoogroups.com, <sealovertech@...> wrote:

      Sorry, that was supposed to have a picture attached.

      I've been a yahoo groups member since they were "Clubs" back in 1998.  You mean to tell me in the year two thousand freaking thirteen I still can't email a picture in Yahoo groups?!?!

      Can someone tell me how to get a picture from an iPad to this group please?

      And if you say I have to join Photobucket I'm going to scream.

      :)

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Rob <sealovertech@...> wrote:

      Long wood pieces are old teak hatch rails. Small blocks are also scrap teak. All of that was screwed to a chunk of treated pine 1x4. The wheels were $7.50 each and the hardware would cost about $5. Thus the $20. Took me all morning to come up with it and build this final prototype. But I could make another in 20 minutes. It's shown upside down. The long rails surround the center black pipe "keel" on the Bote, keeping it in place side to side.