Magazine -- This Rock

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 11:17 AM
      I have great news to share with you all! This Rock magazine features our
      Pope St. Nick list in their current issue (April 2005). You can subscribe at
      www.catholic.com or wait about 4 or so months and read it online. In the
      meantime, make sure to ask your library to subscribe . . .

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right
      away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: This Rock: The Magazine Of Practical Apologetics And
      Evangelization
      Publisher: Catholic Answers
      Published: 11 issues / 12 months
      ASIN: B00007B226
      Price: $39.97 / year
      Comments: www.catholic.com

      From amazon.com
      Editorial Reviews
      From the Publisher
      Deals with issues concerning or defending the Roman Catholic Church.

      All Customer Reviews
      Average Customer Review:

      An Excellent Choice, August 7, 2004
      Reviewer: Penny Shepherd (Illinois)

      I have been a subscriber to This Rock for years, and it has continually
      improved over the course of those years. I have found it uniquely informative on a
      wide range of topics, from issues receiving widespread attention in the
      secular media in regards to the Catholic Chruch to answering questions about
      Biblical authenticity to the Eucharist and more. In addition to the articles, there
      are regular sections which provide great information not found elsewhere. There
      is a section for quick questions from readers, which range from the common
      topics to very unusual ideas. There is also a section featuring a hypothetical
      conversation between a Catholic and someone who objects to a certain Church
      teaching. Another section I have found useful contains quotes by early Church
      Fathers, which serve both to show the continuity of the faith from its early
      centuries until now and to refute arguments that certain doctrines were invented
      later in the Church's history. I would recommend this magazine to any Catholic
      who wants to better understand and defend his or her faith, to anyone who is
      interested in becoming Catholic, and to anyone who just wants a better
      understanding of what Catholics believe.