Traditions -- Catholic Traditions in Crafts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2005
      List member Gwen recently wrote to me:

      I have a recommendation for the Ann Ball Catholic Cooking, Catholic
      Crafts and Catholic Gardening books. It gets Catholic books into other
      call numbers to throw these in once in a while. Great job!

      I think that Gwen's suggestion is genius. There are a few books at my
      library on the topic of Catholic traditions and I never thought about how they too
      are tools in teaching non-Catholics about our beautiful faith tradition. Since
      Gwen mentions Ann Ball, let's begin with one of her books.

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right
      away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: Catholic Traditions in Crafts
      Author: Ann Ball
      Publisher: Our Sunday Visitor (Indiana, USA)
      Date Published: March 1997
      ISBN: 0879737115
      Price: 14.95 Paperback
      Comments: Libraries like to include books about the traditions of diverse
      cultures. Catholics have a great contribution to that diversity.

      First Sentence:
      The celebration that begins the liturgical year is Advent, a movable
      observance beginning on the Sunday closest to the last day in November.