Adult --Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2004
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right
      away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime: The Best Gift You Can Give Your
      Kids
      Author: Dr. Ray Guarendi
      Publisher: Charis Books
      Date Published: April 2003
      ISBN: 1569553688
      Price: Paperback $10.99
      Comments: Dr. Ray answers frequently asked questions.

      From amazon.com:
      Customer Reviews
      Avg. Customer Review:

      Best Parenting Advice!, November 22, 2003
      Reviewer: A reader
      Dr. Ray gives parents the "OK" to teach, nurture and discipline their
      children without the nagging fear of what psychological damage those actions may
      cause! He combines humor with good common sense that so many parenting books are
      lacking. As you read, you can feel the love he has for his own children, which
      makes you feel the love you have for you children even more. Great Book! I've
      recommended it to many friends!

      My second Bible, September 25, 2003
      Reviewer:Adrianne P. Price (Leeds, AL United States)
      Since I got my copy of Dr. Ray Guarendi's book, "Discipline That Lasts a
      Lifetime," I have mentioned it to many of my friends with children. They like what
      they see in my own preteen son. I have loaned it out to many of my friends.
      They are thrilled with the results they've had based on practicing the
      down-to-earth advice given by Dr. Guarendi. It's practical, humorous (to help take the
      edge off of stressful situations), and respectful towards the all important
      job of parenting. God bless this man for NOT taking the road of modern
      psycho-babble and for actually using his own brain, spine and faith to give us REAL
      tools we need. This book helps me in many ways how to show my child that he is
      loved, and it gives me tools, based on actual situations Dr. Gardened has dealt
      with, which I need to deal with my own son and our own life challenges. I
      would recommend this to parents with children of ALL AGES!