Teen -- Did Adam and Eve Have Belly Buttons?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2004
      One of the many blessings of having seven children is that I can request
      library purchases under their names <grin>. This way, my many requests are spread
      out amongst the family. I always place young adult and children requests
      under the library card of the child closest to the target age of the book that I
      am suggesting. So, my 15-year-old son requested Did Adam and Eve Have Belly
      Buttons instead of me.

      Title: Did Adam & Eve Have Bellybuttons: And 199 other questions from
      Catholic Teenagers
      Author: Matthew Pinto
      Publisher: Ascension Press, USA
      Date Published: Revised Edition 2003
      ISBN: 096592288X
      Price: $12.99
      Comments: Also available on audio (cassette and cd). Spiffy titles
      almost guarantees that it'll be checked out often!

      From amazon.com:
      Paul Lauer, Publisher, YOU! Magazine
      This book brings complex Catholic teachings down to a level that teens can
      understand. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

      Mary Beth Bonacci, Author, Real Love
      The most comprehensive question and answer book on the Catholic Faith that
      I've ever seen! --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

      Bud Macfarlane, Jr., Author, Pierced by a Sword
      This book should be on the bookshelf of every Catholic home and gobbled up by
      every Youth Group! --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

      About the Author
      Matthew Pinto is co-founder of the award winning magazine, Envoy and
      CatholicExchange, an internet portal for Catholics. He is a former youth and young
      adult minister whose programs have received national acclaim. --This text refers
      to the Paperback edition.

      Book Description
      Read by the author, this new audio version of his popular work offers today's
      Catholic, young and old alike, a collection of clear and concise answers to
      questions about the Catholic Faith. Best of all, the 200 questions addressed by
      Mr. Pinto came from real Catholic teenagers from all over the United States.
      A well-known apologist and co-founder of the popular apologetics journal
      Envoy Magazine, Matt Pinto has an extensive personal background working with
      Catholic youth. Working for the Archdiocese of San Diego in both youth and young
      adult ministry, Matt developed a program of evangelization that has become a
      national model for success. Popular Catholic speaker and host of EWTN's youth
      oriented TV show Life on the Rock, Jeff Cavins says of Matt Pinto, "Those who
      know the author are impressed with his energy and enthusiasm in his work with
      young people. He knows how they think and the social and spiritual situations
      they face. As a popular youth speaker, Matt Pinto is a master at applying the
      truths of the Church to the ever-changing moral and social landscape. And now he
      brings his energy, enthusiasm, and skills to the written page." And now St.
      Joseph Communications has put his work into a format that can meet teens where
      they are: at home, in the car, on the beach, or wherever they listen to tapes
      or CDs!
      Through his involvement in Catholic youth and young adult ministry, Matt
      Pinto has personally witnessed hundreds of teens and "Generation Xers" experience
      genuine conversion and surety of faith after being effectively introduced to
      the powerful life-changing teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.
      What's the secret? According to Matt, teens want clear Catholic truth, and
      respond most enthusiastically when the faith isn't "watered down." He relates
      that, contrary to popular opinion among some DREs and other Catholic educators,
      teens don't run from the "tough teachings" when Catholic truth is taught with
      conviction. Teens are looking for a firm foundation in a changing world. The
      Catholic Church provides that foundation and Did Adam and Eve Have Belly Buttons?
      provides the kind of uncompromising answers that teens are hungry for.
      Matt Pinto insists that "Without a firm understanding of Catholic truth,
      young Catholics will flounder. They will be unsure of who they are and what they
      stand for." But with the answers in this timely presentation, young Catholics
      will be equipped to embrace, explain, share and defend their faith. Did Adam
      and Eve Have Belly Buttons? is perfect for Confirmation class, RCIA, youth group
      or other religious education classes. Order today! --This text refers to the
      Audio Cassette edition.