Children -- Our Sunday Visitor's Catholic Encyclopedia for Children

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2004
      Title: Our Sunday Visitor's Catholic Encyclopedia for Children
      Author: Ann Ball and Julianne Will
      Publisher: Our Sunday Visitor
      Date Published: 2004
      ISBN: 1-931709-86-6
      Price: Hardback $21.95
      Comments: Finally, a Catholic encyclopedia for children!

      From the publisher:

      Fascinating stories and captivating illustrations delight children as they
      discover and explore the basics of the Catholic Church!
      Here are:
      The great people and events of the Bible
      The life and message of Jesus
      The history of the early Church
      Lives of the saints
      Fundamental Catholic beliefs and practices
      And more!
      This kid-friendly resource is the ideal read-aloud text for kids in
      kindergarten through second-grade. It's one that has third- and fourth-graders happily
      proclaiming, "I can read it myself!"
      Unlike most encyclopedias, the format is similar to a storybook, with
      information presented in a topical style rather than alphabetically. Whether they're
      listening or reading, youngsters will keep an eye out for "Icthus", the
      friendly fish who acts as their guide throughout.
      Parents, grandparents, and godparents: This is a perfect First Holy
      Communion, Christmas, or birthday gift. Librarians, catechists, classroom, and
      homeschool teachers: This is the solid, Catholic - entertaining! - resource you've
      been looking for.
      Click here to search for other items by Ann Ball/Julianne Will...