Homeschooling -- Real Learning: Education in the Heart of the Home

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2004
      Title: Real Learning: Education in the Heart of the Home
      Author: Elizabeth Foss
      Publisher: By Way of Family Press
      Date Published: May 2003
      ISBN: 0971889511
      Comments: Excellent resource for applying the gentle learning techniques
      of Charlotte Mason in the homeschool.

      Customer Reviews:

      Elizabeth Foss has written a lovely book which presents the best of Charlotte
      Masons wisdom in an easy to read and very doable format. CMs six volume
      series is a daunting read, so Elizabeth's book is a must have for the busy CM
      homeschooler! I felt as if I were in Elizabeth's living room, having tea and
      gaining wisdom from someone who has had much experience in implementing the
      "atmosphere of learning" so important to Charlotte Mason. The reader will find nuts
      and bolts how-to's sprinkled throughout this beautiful book. The complete table
      of contents allows the reader to skip directly to any area in which one needs
      help quickly. There are detailed resource lists provided as well. Puzzled
      about how to effortlessly blend science, art, music and religion into your
      lifestyle of learning? Find out how in this book!

      Most impressive is the huge book list at the end of the book. Every book on
      the list represents "Real Learning" versus what Charlotte Mason referred to as
      "Twaddle." Tried and true, the author, Elizabeth Foss, clearly has a handle on
      home education and I dot think a person out there whether homeschooling or
      not could read this book without being inspired with new ideas and ambitions for
      their children.
      This book has been a gift for me as well as for my children. Now that I have
      had a chance to implement some of the things I have learned, I cant imagine
      homeschooling without "Real Learning."