New DVD series: Catholicism

  • Ana
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011
      Ask your friends to duplicate this request! Every library should have it.

      Title: Catholicism DVD Box Set
      Actors: Fr. Robert Barron
      Directors: Matt Leonard
      Format: Dolby, Surround Sound, Widescreen, NTSC
      Number of discs: 5
      Studio: Word on Fire
      DVD Release Date: August 25, 2011

      Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Catholicism-DVD-Box-Robert-Barron/dp/B005J6U77Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1317172912&sr=1-1

      This is from an Amazon customer:
      This series is epic and Fr Barron is an incredible teacher and lecturer...I know he will make many more converts with this new book and DVD series...there is a long waiting list for these at my city library...I am donating my copies to my Church library...

      Editorial Reviews
      CATHOLICISM will have a national footprint. This series will be of great interest to viewers who want a better understanding of the impact and meaning this faith has throughout the world. --Dan Soles, WTTW Senior Vice President and Chief Television Content Officer, PBS affiliate - Chicago

      Product Description
      Journey Around the World and Deep into the Faith For the first time, in breathtaking, high-definition cinematography, the beauty, goodness and truth of the Catholic Faith are illustrated in a rich, multimedia experience. Journey with acclaimed author, speaker and theologian Fr. Robert Barron to more than 50 locations throughout 15 countries. Be illuminated by the spiritual and artistic treasures of this global culture that claims more than one billion of the earth's people. From the sacred lands of Israel to the beating heart of Uganda...from the glorious shrines of Italy, France, and Spain, to the streets of Mexico, Kolkata, and New York City, the fullness of CATHOLICISM is revealed. Journey deep into the Faith as you watch each episode. Mike Leonard, a veteran NBC Today Show correspondent and acclaimed filmmaker, is the Executive Producer of this groundbreaking series. The box set includes five DVDs, each containing two episodes. Each episode runs 50-60 minutes. English and Spanish subtitles are included as viewing options.