An Illustrated Dictionary of Saints

  • Ana
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2011
      I know it has been a long time--the busy holiday season and a trip to see my family in Brazil got me a bit behind!
      I have three pre-publication suggestions, one today and two more forthcoming, for Catholic reference books. As my library system has limited purchase suggestions to books published in the past 6 months, I have learned to scout pre-publication titles at Amazon. As usual, go to my blog http://anabragahenebrysjournal.blogspot.com/ or to Amazon to see the cover.

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website. To read past library recommendations visit:

      Title: An Illustrated Dictionary of Saints: A guide to the lives and works of over 300 of the world's most notable saints, with expert commentary and more than 350 beautiful illustrations
      Author: Tessa Paul
      Publisher: Southwater
      Date Published: April 16, 2011
      ISBN: 1844768473
      Pages: 160 pages
      amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Dictionary-Saints-commentary-illustrations/dp/1844768473/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1R08B0YQJUEIO&colid=2CI45MOANHKHQ

      Product Description
      Explores the religious and social history of Christian saints from the Holy Family and the Apostles, through the medieval era, until modern times.
      About the Author
      Tessa Paul is the author and editor of a number of non-fiction titles on religious festivals around the world. She has also written fiction for children, and non-fiction titles about animal life. Tessa grew up in Zimbabwe, and worked as a journalist in South Africa for the Natal Gazette and on the Rand Daily Mail. Consultant the Reverend Ronald Creighton-Jobe is an Oratorian father at the Oratory Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in London.