Conversation with librarian, plus success stories

  • Ana
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2009
      Good morning Pope St NickV members!

      I had a nice conversation with a librarian the other day. She said many interesting things about what makes a book likely to be purchased, besides some things we already know such as recent publication date, positive reviews etc. She said that if there are more than one request chances are higher that they will get it, and that a good time to request books is the beginning of the calendar year, of least that's when the annual budget here begins.

      So any member in my library system please duplicate any request I post (email me offlist if you need help), and members who share library systems keep that in mind!

      I was just checking my library account and noticed two books I requested are on order, The Death of a Pope and Catherine of Siena by Sigrid Undset, yeah!

      Happy Thanksgiving!
      Ana