Catherine of Siena, photo of cover on my blog, plus success story

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5 5:12 AM
      I'd like to let you all know that I always post an image of the books I post
      here on my blog, usually on the same day. See today's book cover at
      http://anabragahenebrysjournal.blogspot.com/. All other PopeStNickV books I
      have posted will be under the PopeStNickV tag on sidebar.

      Also, I was browsing my library online today and noticed that Piers Paul's
      read new fiction "Death of a Pope" from Ignatius Press is on order and there
      are four holds on it already!

      God bless!

      On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Ana <aninha77@...> wrote:

      > To read past library recommendations visit:
      > Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      > put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form
      > right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.
      > Title: Catherine of Siena
      > Author: Sigrid Undset
      > Publisher: Ignatius Press
      > Date Published: October, 2009
      > ISBN-10: 1586174088
      > Price: $16.95 (Amazon price: $10.47)
      > Amazon link:
      > http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Siena-Sigrid-Undset/dp/1586174088/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257424452&sr=8-1
      > Publisher website:
      > http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=3634&SKU=CASI-P&Category_ID=212
      > Editorial Reviews
      > Product Description
      > Sigrid Undset's Catherine of Siena is critically acclaimed as one of the
      > best biographies of this famous fourteenth-century saint. Known for her
      > historical fiction, which won her the Nobel Prize for literature in 1928,
      > Undset based this factual work on primary sources, her experiences living in
      > Italy, and her profound understanding of the human heart.
      > One of the greatest novelists of the twentieth century, Undset was no
      > stranger to hagiography. Her meticulous research of medieval times, which
      > bore such fruit in her masterpieces Kristin Lavransdatter and The Master of
      > Hestviken, acquainted her with some of the holy men and women produced by
      > the Age of Faith. Their exemplary lives left a deep impression upon the
      > author, which she credited as one of her reasons for entering the Church in
      > 1924.
      > Catherine of Siena was a particular favorite of Undset, who also was a
      > Third Order Dominican. An extraordinarily active, intelligent, and
      > courageous woman, Catherine at an early age devoted herself to the love of
      > God. The intensity of her prayer, sacrifice, and service to the poor won her
      > a reputation for holiness and wisdom, and she was called upon to make peace
      > between warring nobles. Believing that peace in Italy could only be achieved
      > if the pope, then living in France, returned to Rome, Catherine boldly
      > traveled to Avignon to meet with Pope Gregory XI.
      > With sensitivity to the zealous love that permeated the life of Saint
      > Catherine, Undset presents a most moving and memorable portrait of one of
      > the greatest women of all time.

      May His will be done in all things!

      Ana Braga-Henebry, M.A.

      �Joy is often found behind little things and is reached by following one�s
      proper daily duty with a spirit of devotion.� Pope Benedict XVI