The Rosary: Keeping Company with Jesus and Mary by Karen Edmisten

  • Wittmann, Maureen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009
      When I received this little book in the mail I thought to myself,
      "Sigh. Yet another book on the rosary." I know that sounds terrible,
      but in my defense I do have a whole shelf full of rosary books.
      However, it was written by fellow blogger Karen Edmisten, and being a fan I gave it a read. And I'm glad I did. It was fresh and I loved it.

      Not
      only did I love it, but my teen daughter loved it. During a long drive
      one afternoon, just the two of us with her driving, she asked me to
      read it aloud to her. As side note I have to interject here that I love
      homeschooling. I don't know many, if any, non-homeschooled students who
      would ask their mom to please, please read a book on the rosary to them.

      Anyway,
      back to my mini review, Karen not only taught my daughter and me about
      the history and the beauty of the rosary but she touched our emotion. I
      found myself at moments, when Karen talks of her fallen past, with
      tears welling up in my eyes. Being a recovering heathen myself, I was
      quite moved by Karen's discovery of the Church and the rosary after
      years of atheism.

      So, with all that said, I've decided to
      recommend Karen's book on the Pope St. Nicholas V list. I think it
      belongs not only on your bookshelf but on the library's shelf as well.
      It is a short easy read yet packed full of vital information -- perfect
      for today's reader.

      To read past library recommendations visit: Pope Saint Nicholas V.

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog.
      If it is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: The Rosary: Keeping Company With Jesus and Mary
      Author: Karen Edmisten
      Publisher: Saint Anthony Messenger Press
      Date Published: May 2009
      ISBN-10: 0867168757
      ISBN-14: 978-0867168754
      Price: 8.99, softcover

      Reviews:
      Conversion Diary
      Danielle Bean
      Nancy Carpentier Brown
      Links to many, many more positive reviews can be found at Karen's blog.

      If the above hyperlinks don't show up on your Yahoo Group emails here are the urls:
      Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0867168757/catholictreas-20
      Reviews linked at the author's blog: http://karenedmisten.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Rosary%3A%20keeping%20company%20with%20Jesus%20and%20Mary
      Publisher: http://catalog.americancatholic.org/default.aspx