In His Image: Nurturing Creativity in the Heart of Your Home

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 5:58 AM
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's
      website.

      Title: In His Image: Nurturing Creativity in the Heart of Your Home
      Author: Mary Gildersleeve
      Publisher: Hillside Education
      Date Published: June 2009
      ISBN-10: 0979846986
      Price: 14.99 paperback

      To see a picture of the cover: http://anabragahenebrysjournal.blogspot.com/2009/08/posted-on-pope-st-nicholas-v-today.html

      Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/His-Image-Nurturing-Creativity-Heart/dp/0979846986

      Product Description
      Nurturing creativity in our children and in ourselves is a critical need today. We all know that research has shown that art and music are good for fostering healthy brain development, but they are good for our souls, too. Through creativity, we imitate the Divine Creator and practice the skills needed to battle the despair produced by a pre-made, manufactured, cookie-cutter world. Made in the image of God, there is a creative desire placed in all of us. Nurturing this desire in our children is not only thoroughly satisfying, but an essential part of our parenting duty. By instilling in our children a love for the good, the true, and the beautiful, we can help to reshape our world for the good of all.

      About the Author
      Mary C. Gildersleeve, a lifelong crafter, nurtures creativity in everyone she meets. She and her husband Rick home educate their youngest three children. A hand-knits designer, she has written two books on knitting, Glory of America Knits (Ecce Homo Press) and Great Yarns for the Close-Knit Family: Over two-dozen original hand-knit designs inspired by one dozen fantastic family read-alouds (Hillside Education). She also writes the Handcrafts in the Homeschool column for the Catholic homeschool quarterly, mater et magistra.