Credo for Today: What Christians Believe

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: Credo for Today: What Christians Believe
      Author: Joseph Ratzinger
      Publisher: Ignatius Press
      Date Published: April 2009
      ISBN: 1586172476
      Price: $19.95
      Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Credo-Today-What-Christians-Believe/dp/1586172476

      Product Description
      What do Christians believe? What gives meaning to our life? What is the purpose of life? The Christian answer to these questions is found in the Creed, in the profession of faith. But what do the articles of this confession actually mean? And how to they affect our lives?
      Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, takes a fresh look at these timeless questions. This work is a reflection of the profound, personal insights of Benedict XVI, but also of the great foundations of Christianity: faith, hope, and charity.

      Ratzinger writes eloquently and persuasively about the importance for followers of Christ to understand well what they believe so one can live as a serious Christian in today's secular world. He talks in depth about the true meaning of faith, hope, and love-the love of God and the love of neighbor. He also discusses the crucial importance of a lived faith, for the believer himself as well as being a witness for our age, and striving to bring faith in line with the present age that has veered off into rampant secularism and materialism.

      In our generation the Christian Faith finds itself in a much deeper crisis than at any other time in the past. In this situation it is no solution to shut our eyes in fear in the face of pressing problems, or to simply pass over them. If faith is to survive this age, then it must be lived, and above all, lived in this age. And this is possible only if a manifestation of faith is shown to have value for our present day, by growing to knowledge and fulfillment.
      -Pope Benedict XVI