Adoption: Choosing It, Living, It, Loving It by Dr. Ray

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009
      As a prolife person, I've heard far too many times that "no unwanted child should be born." Well, I propose that there is no such person as an unwanted child. All children are wanted. They may not be wanted by their own parents, sad to say, but someone wants that child. Someone wants to adopt that child and love that child. Someone, somewhere. And, of course, our heavenly Father wants and loves every child.

      And, so, today's recommendation is a book on adoption by Catholic homeschooling father of ten adopted children and psychologist, Dr. Ray Guarendi. If you haven't been working very hard lately making your library purchase requests, today is the day to get off your duffer and do it. This is a book I'm sure most public libraries will say yes to purchasing. This is a book that needs to be on their shelves and ready to be checked out by couples who are contemplating adoption but need a little help.

      I own a copy myself and can highly recommend it personally. So, with all that said . . .

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It
      Author: Dr. Ray Guarendi
      Publisher: Servant Books
      Date Published: January 2009
      ISBN-10: 0867169133
      ISBN-13: 978-0867169133
      Price: $14.99 (Amazon price: $10.19)

      Canton Rep, http://www.cantonrep.com/lifestyle/x545177113/Super-Dad-North-Canton-psychologist-has-new-book-for-families-considering-adoption
      USA Today (video), http://www.perfspot.com/video2/video.asp?id=586402566

      Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0867169133/catholictreas-20

      Author's Website: http://www.drray.com/

      Publisher's Website: http://www.servantbooks.org/

      Product Description:

      In Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It
      Ray Guarendi, psychologist, husband and father of ten adopted children,
      considers the most commonly asked adoption questions with insight,
      humor and a heart for the adoptive family. His aim? To dispel
      unsettling misperceptions about adoption, to encourage others to think
      about and act on adoption, and to guide adoptive parents to a more
      relaxed, rewarding family life for all involved.
      must-have resource for those considering adoption, those who have
      already adopted and those in the mix as family members or friends of
      adoptive parents.

      Chapter titles include:

      Partly Personal

      Adoption Advice Worth Ignoring