Our Lady of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2009
      I just now requested this book from my library, after seeing it at a
      friend's coffee table--I can't wait to read it! It is about the only
      Vatican-approved Marian apparitions in Africa, and it was written by
      the author of the NY Times bestseller "Left to Tell".
      Happy requesting,
      Ana

      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: Our Lady of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of
      Africa
      Author: Immaculee Ilibagiza
      Publisher: Hay House
      Date Published: Nov 2008
      ISBN: 140192378X
      Price: $12.95
      Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Our-Lady-Kibeho-Speaks-
      Africa/dp/140192378X/ref=pd_sim_b_1
      Editorial Reviews:
      Product Description
      Thirteen years before the bloody 1994 genocide that swept across
      Rwanda and left more than a million people dead, the Virgin Mary and
      Jesus Christ appeared to eight young people in the remote village of
      Kibeho. Through these visionaries, Mary and Jesus warned of the
      looming holocaust, which they assured could be averted if Rwandans
      opened their hearts to God and embraced His love.
      Much like what happened at similar sites such as Fátima and Lourdes,
      the messengers of Kibeho were at first mocked and disbelieved. But as
      miracle after miracle occurred in the tiny village, tens of thousands
      of Rwandans journeyed to Kibeho to behold the apparitions. For years,
      countless onlookers watched as the Mother and Son of God spoke through
      the eight seers about God's love, sending messages that they insisted
      were meant not only for Rwandans, but for the entire world, to hear.
      Mary also sent messages to government and church leaders to instruct
      them how to end the ethnic hatred simmering in their country. She
      warned them that Rwanda would become "a river of blood"—a land of
      unspeakable carnage—if the hatred of the people was not quickly
      quelled by love. Some leaders listened, but very few believed: the
      prophetic and apocalyptic warnings tragically came true during 100
      horrifying days of savage bloodletting and mass murder.
      After the genocide, and two decades of rigorous investigation, Our
      Lady of Kibeho became the first and only Vatican-approved Marian (that
      is, related to the Virgin Mary) site in all of Africa. But the story
      still remains largely unknown. Now, Immaculée Ilibagiza plans to
      change all that. She made many pilgrimages to Kibeho both before and
      after the holocaust, personally witnessed true miracles, and spoke
      with a number of the visionaries themselves. What she's discovered
      will deeply touch your heart.

      About the Author
      Immaculée Ilibagiza was born in Rwanda and studied electronic and
      mechanical engineering at the National University. She lost most of
      her family during the 1994 genocide. Four years later, she emigrated
      to the United States and began working at the United Nations in New
      York City. She is now a full-time public speaker and writer. In 2007
      she established the Left to Tell Charitable Fund, which helps support
      Rwandan orphans.
      Immaculée holds honorary doctoral degrees from The University of Notre
      Dame and Saint John's University, and was awarded The Mahatma Gandhi
      International Award for Reconciliation and Peace 2007. She is the
      author, with Steve Erwin, of LEFT TO TELL: Discovering God Amidst the
      Rwandan Holocaust.