The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2009
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse
      Author: Art Bennett and Laraine Bennett
      Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
      Date Published: Sept 2008
      ISBN: 1-933184-30-2
      Price: $16
      Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Temperament-God-Gave-Your-

      From the publisher:
      In their bestselling book, The Temperament God Gave You, authors Art
      and Laraine Bennett re-introduced the age-old concept of the four
      classic temperaments, and showed how to use them to understand
      yourself, get along with others, and grow closer to God.

      Now they're back with more temperament wisdom, designed specially for
      couples and guaranteed to improve your marital communication,
      intimacy, and happiness: The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse.

      In no other kind of human relationship is knowledge of the
      temperaments — the fundamental personality traits, hard-wired into us
      at birth, that affect the way we respond to the world around us — so
      critical, and so fruitful, as in a Christian marriage. For it's only
      through mutual understanding of our own patterns of reaction, and
      those of our spouse, that we can motivate, nurture, respect, and above
      all, love each other with the selfless patience to which Christ calls
      us in the sacrament.

      In a fun-to-read style that incorporates practical psychology, real-
      life anecdotes, and decades of clinical experience, the Bennetts will
      show you:

      The four kinds of spouses — which kind did you marry?
      How temperament affects the way you and your spouse work, pray, argue,
      socialize, and show affection
      Tips for developing the communication skills that your temperament
      needs most, and for nurturing them in your spouse
      All the possible temperament combinations in marriage, and how to
      handle the unique challenges that yours creates
      Proven ways to figure out what really makes your spouse tick!
      So often we wish we could make our spouses different (because they're
      not just like us); yet the Bennetts show that true marital contentment
      lies not in changing the way God made our loved ones, but in
      appreciating it — and helping them to perfect it. Read The Temperament
      God Gave Your Spouse and discover a new world of understanding and
      respect for the person you married.