Young Adult: Do I Have to Go

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2008
      To read past library recommendations, or to join the email list, visit: Pope Saint Nicholas V.

      Check
      to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request
      form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: Do I Have to Go

      Author: Matthew Pinto, Christopher Stefanick and Mike Flick

      Publisher: Ascension Press

      Date Published: January 2008

      ISBN-10: 1934217336

      ISBN-13: 978-1934217337

      Price: $12.99 Softcover

      Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1934217336 /catholictreas-20

      From the publisher:

      From
      playing video games to sleeping-in, teens can think of countless things
      they would rather do than go to Mass on Sunday morning. That is, unless
      they knew what they were missing. "Do I Have to Go?" explains the meaning and the mystery of Mass in such a way that teens will be asking, "Why wouldn't I go?"

      With
      wit, clarity, and common sense, Matthew Pinto and Chris Stefanick
      answer the tough questions teens have about the Mass-from the rituals
      contained in the liturgy, to the doctrines of the Eucharist and the
      priesthood. When teens understand that the Mass is literally the
      meeting place between heaven and earth, they will have a newfound sense
      of awe and a deeper understanding of their role as a Catholic in a
      post-modern world.

      In “Do I Have to Go?” you will learn:

      Why the Mass is an essential part of
      the Christian life

      The mystery of the Eucharist as the Real Presence of Jesus’s Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity

      How the redemptive work of Jesus Christ is communicated to and through the Church and the sacraments

      The meaning of all the gestures and symbols of the the Mass

      How the Mass has developed from its roots in the Old Testament, through its institution by Christ

      The importance of the liturgical seasons for the spiritual life

      And much, much more…