A Success Story?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      I received the following email from list member Nancy. Though it is not a
      success story per se, it is inspiring to read of Nancy's persistence. If anyone
      has any suggestions for Nancy on the subject of dealing with her
      anti-Catholic librarian, please email me. I will then collect the suggestions and share
      them with the list. I also recommend reading the article that Nancy mentions in
      her email -- it is quite the eye opener:

      Dear Maureen,

      This article: http://www.afajournal.org/2004/may/504be_carful.asp reminded me
      why I only choose books from lists I trust for my kids, and that what you are
      doing with St. Nicholas is so needed to counterbalance what is going on.

      I also wanted to tell you that our chief librarian is so anti-Catholic that
      after the last few books I recommended (from your list) she won't even talk to
      me now. She has Lorraine Boettner's Roman Catholicism on her shelf, though,
      and every other "liberal" type current fad Catholic book (Good Enough Catholic,
      How the Catholic Church Wrecked Me type books). I should also say that even
      though she isn't really talking to me, I am still recommending books. I don't
      know if she'll order them or not, but it won't stop me from trying.

      Anyway, bye!
      Nancy

      Thanks Nancy!!!!