Take It to the Queen: A Tale of Hope

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2008
      I just requested this from our library!
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: Take It to the Queen: A Tale of Hope
      Author: Josephine Nobisso
      Publisher: Gingerbread House
      Date Published: December 2008
      ISBN: 0940112191
      Price: $12.21
      Amazon link:
      http://www.amazon.com/Take-Queen-Tale-Josephine-Nobisso/dp/0940112191/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223986215&sr=1-3

      Editorial Reviews

      "Wholly beautiful! For those of us with a religious background—or
      none!" —Kirkus on The Weight of a Mass

      "Lilting storytelling style. Charming." —School Library Journal on
      The Weight of a Mass

      Product Description
      With exquisite artwork and evocative text, this original fable
      explores the events of Jesus' life, and demonstrates the role of the
      Virgin Mary as the benevolent agent of God's people. Reduced to
      desolation by a king and prince who feel they have been wronged, the
      residents of a once-favored village must seek help from the queen, a
      native of their devastated town. Religious subjects are presented
      clearly in an allegorical style that proves entertaining, and also
      serves to provide children with examples of virtue and good behavior.

      About the Author
      Josephine Nobisso is the author of several books, including The
      Numbers Dance, Show; Don't Tell!, and The Weight of a Mass. She is the
      recipient of numerous awards, including Bank Street College's Best
      Book of the Year and a Catholic Press Association Award. She lives in
      Westhampton Beach, New York. Katalin Szegedi is the illustrator of The
      Weight of a Mass and was named Illustrator of the Year by Hungary's
      International Board on Books for Young People.