John Paul II, We Love You! Young People Encounter the Pope

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2007
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it
      is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron
      request form right away. This can usually be done online at your
      library's website.

      Title: John Paul II, We Love You! Young People Encounter the Pope
      Author: Fr. Peter Mitchell
      Publisher: Servant Books / St. Anthony Messenger
      Date Published: August 2007
      ISBN: 0-86716-806-4
      Price: $11.99 Softcover
      Pages: 154
      Comments: Including eyewitness account from Rome of John Paul II's
      death and funeral

      "I have looked for you, you have come to me, and I thank you." —John
      Paul II, to the young people gathered in St. Peter's Square to pray
      for him the night before he died

      John Paul II, We Love You! not only tells the stories of young people
      whose lives were touched by the pope, it also offers on-the-scene
      coverage from Rome of this well-loved pope's final decline, death and
      funeral.

      Fr. Peter Mitchell, a priest of the JPII generation, happened to be in
      Rome during that time and felt called to share those unprecedented
      days with as many people as possible via e-mail. He became a
      "sleep-deprived, emotionally drained and physically exhausted scoop
      reporter" writing moving accounts that soon spread globally via the
      Internet.

      The testimonies from young people—combined with Fr. Mitchell's vivid
      account of the pope's passing—attest to the life-changing impact of
      this great man on an entire generation of Catholics.