Success Story

    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2007
      I love getting emails like these . . .

      > What library can resist the Pope himself?

      Not mine! This is already on order.

      Also in my periodic check of titles I have requested, I noticed today
      my library now has Good Discipline, Great Teens by Ray Guarendi and
      Everything is Grace by Joseph F. Schmidt.

      I have a submitted a reserve request for all three of these titles. I
      hope I don't get them all the same week!

      . . . Thank you for sharing!

      _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
      _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
        Dear Library Evangelists,

        List member Sharon writes:

        "Checking my purchase requests tonight, I found out my library system bought
        five copies of the Pope John Paul II movie with John Voight. Four are
        currently checked out."

        Wow, five copies!!! And not only that, four are checked out. Now, that's a
        success story.

        Keep up the great work everyone. Keep requesting those books and movies and
        magazines. You can have a great impact on your library -- don't give up!!!

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2008
          List member Sharon writes:
          ***********************************
          My library system now has two copies of "The Apostles" by Pope
          Benedict XVI.

          Sharon
          ***************************************
          Thank you Sharon for letting us know. It sure makes it worthwhile when we
          know that our requests are being heard and good Catholic books are getting into
          our public libraries.

          Keep up the good work!

          _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
          _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

          Home.

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2008
            Dear Maureen and Ana,

            Thank you for this marvelous way to evangelize through the
            library...AND to get all the books I want to read for FREE!

            Last week I received our library's brand new copy of Adrienne von
            Speir's Book of All Saints (truly a gift to celebrate All Saints'
            Day!) and I am mesmerized...and so grateful to you for your online
            apostolate here.

            In addition, since May our local library has filled close to 50 of my
            requests for purchases of solid Catholic literature... because I saw
            what you were doing here.

            I find it very simple to open a browser window for my library online,
            and then open another window for this site, or Ignatius, or Sophia,
            Tan, whatever...and then simply copy and paste the necessary
            information. With that computer magic of automatic "fill-in the
            spaces" for my contact info, I find that I can request most any book
            in 30 to 60 seconds! Best use of computer time I've ever had!

            God bless you for this wonderful list, and for an apostolate that is
            having more effect than you might know!

            Gratefully yours,
            Teresa in Wenatchee, WA
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 5, 2009
              I received this email today . . .

              My library system purchased 2 copies of Our lady of Kibeho. Including myself,
              there are seven people on the list to check it out.

              Sharon

              .. . . Keep up the great work Sharon.

              Yes, it really does work to make purchasing requests to your library!

              www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com
              www.homeschoolconnectionsonline.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2 2:04 PM
                My library has two copies of "Short World History of Christianity" by Robert Mullin on order. Including me, there are three people on the waiting list to read it. S. H.

                Thanks for sending your success stories!

                Ana