Success Story

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
      Dear Library Evangelists,

      I received this email today:

      **************************
      Dear Maureen,

      I just did my periodic check of books I have requested my library system buy.
      My library now has the Dawn Eden book. It purchased 5 copies; all are
      currently checked out or being held for someone. I am the only person on the
      request list.

      My library system did own the Josh Harris when you posted about it. I did
      check that out.

      --
      Sharon
      ****************************

      I love stories like this -- so cool! Thank you everyone who has made a point
      to request good books from their library.

      Now Sharon, make sure that you and all your friends check out those Dawn Eden
      and Josh Harris books that the library keeps buying them!!!

      _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
      _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

      http://www.aol.com

      Message 2 of 13 , May 31 12:12 PM
        I love getting emails like these . . .

        > What library can resist the Pope himself?

        Not mine! This is already on order.

        Also in my periodic check of titles I have requested, I noticed today
        my library now has Good Discipline, Great Teens by Ray Guarendi and
        Everything is Grace by Joseph F. Schmidt.

        I have a submitted a reserve request for all three of these titles. I
        hope I don't get them all the same week!

        . . . Thank you for sharing!

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
          Dear Library Evangelists,

          List member Sharon writes:

          "Checking my purchase requests tonight, I found out my library system bought
          five copies of the Pope John Paul II movie with John Voight. Four are
          currently checked out."

          Wow, five copies!!! And not only that, four are checked out. Now, that's a
          success story.

          Keep up the great work everyone. Keep requesting those books and movies and
          magazines. You can have a great impact on your library -- don't give up!!!

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2008
            List member Sharon writes:
            ***********************************
            My library system now has two copies of "The Apostles" by Pope
            Benedict XVI.

            Sharon
            ***************************************
            Thank you Sharon for letting us know. It sure makes it worthwhile when we
            know that our requests are being heard and good Catholic books are getting into
            our public libraries.

            Keep up the good work!

            _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
            _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

            Home.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2008
              Dear Maureen and Ana,

              Thank you for this marvelous way to evangelize through the
              library...AND to get all the books I want to read for FREE!

              Last week I received our library's brand new copy of Adrienne von
              Speir's Book of All Saints (truly a gift to celebrate All Saints'
              Day!) and I am mesmerized...and so grateful to you for your online
              apostolate here.

              In addition, since May our local library has filled close to 50 of my
              requests for purchases of solid Catholic literature... because I saw
              what you were doing here.

              I find it very simple to open a browser window for my library online,
              and then open another window for this site, or Ignatius, or Sophia,
              Tan, whatever...and then simply copy and paste the necessary
              information. With that computer magic of automatic "fill-in the
              spaces" for my contact info, I find that I can request most any book
              in 30 to 60 seconds! Best use of computer time I've ever had!

              God bless you for this wonderful list, and for an apostolate that is
              having more effect than you might know!

              Gratefully yours,
              Teresa in Wenatchee, WA
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 5, 2009
                I received this email today . . .

                My library system purchased 2 copies of Our lady of Kibeho. Including myself,
                there are seven people on the list to check it out.

                Sharon

                .. . . Keep up the great work Sharon.

                Yes, it really does work to make purchasing requests to your library!

                www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com
                www.homeschoolconnectionsonline.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
                  My library has two copies of "Short World History of Christianity" by Robert Mullin on order. Including me, there are three people on the waiting list to read it. S. H.

                  Thanks for sending your success stories!

                  Ana