Perfectly Normal???

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      Dear Library Evangelists,

      I normally send emails suggesting Catholic books to recommend to your
      library. Today's email takes the opposite approach.

      First, I ask you to please pray for my friend Linda. She's meeting with the
      board of her library on Thursday to ask them to remove the book <em>It’s
      Perfectly Normal</em>, written by Robie Harris and illustrated by Michael Emberley.
      Linda stumbled upon the book when she was browsing the children's section.
      Thank goodness it wasn't her child who found it!

      The book, if you're not familiar with it, is a sex manual for children.
      Linda, of course, immediately brought it to the library's attention. The library
      responded by moving it to the young adult (teen) section. Linda appealed the
      decision and asked that it be removed completely.

      Here are some articles on the book:
      'It's Perfectly Normal' to Corrupt Children by Lee Duigon</a>

      Action Project: Christian Analysis of American Culture</a>

      <a
      href="http://www.plannedparenthood.org/news-articles-press/politics-policy-issues/teen-pregnancy-sex-education/perfectly-normal-6251.htm">Planned
      Parenthood: It's Perfectly Normal</a>

      I encourage all of you to check your library's card catalog to see if they
      have this book on its shelves. If so, email them immediately and ask them to
      remove the book from the library altogether. At the very least, it should moved
      to the adult section. Then ask all your friends, neighbors, and family to do
      the same. And, please, feel free to share this email with others.

      If you don't know how to contact your library, check here: <a
      href="http://lists.webjunction.org/libweb/">LibWeb</a>

      Thank you for all you do to help our public libraries!