Success Story

    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2006
      Dear List Members,

      If you wonder if all this library requesting is worth the time, read this
      email that I received from Sharon:

      I just did a check of some titles I requested. On Feb 11, I requested Why Do
      Catholics Eat Fish on Friday? My library system now has this book and I have
      reserved it. All three copies are currently checked out and I am the only one
      on the reserve list.

      Thank you Sharon for sharing your success story!

      www.maureenwittmann.com
      www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
        Dear Library Evangelists,

        I received this email today:

        **************************
        Dear Maureen,

        I just did my periodic check of books I have requested my library system buy.
        My library now has the Dawn Eden book. It purchased 5 copies; all are
        currently checked out or being held for someone. I am the only person on the
        request list.

        My library system did own the Josh Harris when you posted about it. I did
        check that out.

        --
        Sharon
        ****************************

        I love stories like this -- so cool! Thank you everyone who has made a point
        to request good books from their library.

        Now Sharon, make sure that you and all your friends check out those Dawn Eden
        and Josh Harris books that the library keeps buying them!!!

        _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
        _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

        http://www.aol.com

        Message 3 of 13 , May 31, 2007
          I love getting emails like these . . .

          > What library can resist the Pope himself?

          Not mine! This is already on order.

          Also in my periodic check of titles I have requested, I noticed today
          my library now has Good Discipline, Great Teens by Ray Guarendi and
          Everything is Grace by Joseph F. Schmidt.

          I have a submitted a reserve request for all three of these titles. I
          hope I don't get them all the same week!

          . . . Thank you for sharing!

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
            Dear Library Evangelists,

            List member Sharon writes:

            "Checking my purchase requests tonight, I found out my library system bought
            five copies of the Pope John Paul II movie with John Voight. Four are
            currently checked out."

            Wow, five copies!!! And not only that, four are checked out. Now, that's a
            success story.

            Keep up the great work everyone. Keep requesting those books and movies and
            magazines. You can have a great impact on your library -- don't give up!!!

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2008
              List member Sharon writes:
              ***********************************
              My library system now has two copies of "The Apostles" by Pope
              Benedict XVI.

              Sharon
              ***************************************
              Thank you Sharon for letting us know. It sure makes it worthwhile when we
              know that our requests are being heard and good Catholic books are getting into
              our public libraries.

              Keep up the good work!

              _www.maureenwittmann.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.com/)
              _www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com_ (http://www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com/)

              Home.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2008
                Dear Maureen and Ana,

                Thank you for this marvelous way to evangelize through the
                library...AND to get all the books I want to read for FREE!

                Last week I received our library's brand new copy of Adrienne von
                Speir's Book of All Saints (truly a gift to celebrate All Saints'
                Day!) and I am mesmerized...and so grateful to you for your online
                apostolate here.

                In addition, since May our local library has filled close to 50 of my
                requests for purchases of solid Catholic literature... because I saw
                what you were doing here.

                I find it very simple to open a browser window for my library online,
                and then open another window for this site, or Ignatius, or Sophia,
                Tan, whatever...and then simply copy and paste the necessary
                information. With that computer magic of automatic "fill-in the
                spaces" for my contact info, I find that I can request most any book
                in 30 to 60 seconds! Best use of computer time I've ever had!

                God bless you for this wonderful list, and for an apostolate that is
                having more effect than you might know!

                Gratefully yours,
                Teresa in Wenatchee, WA
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 5, 2009
                  I received this email today . . .

                  My library system purchased 2 copies of Our lady of Kibeho. Including myself,
                  there are seven people on the list to check it out.

                  Sharon

                  .. . . Keep up the great work Sharon.

                  Yes, it really does work to make purchasing requests to your library!

                  www.maureenwittmann.blogspot.com
                  www.homeschoolconnectionsonline.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
                    My library has two copies of "Short World History of Christianity" by Robert Mullin on order. Including me, there are three people on the waiting list to read it. S. H.

                    Thanks for sending your success stories!

                    Ana