Children -- St. Jude

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      Title: St. Jude: A Friend in Hard Times
      Author: Michael Aquilina III
      Publisher: Pauline
      Date Published: March 2004
      ISBN: 0819870757
      Price: Hardcover $14.95
      Comments: Best historical account for children available.

      From amazon.com review:
      This is a high quality hardcover book. The illustrations are beautiful and
      the text engaging. I gave it to my 14-year-old son to read to his younger
      brothers and sisters, and they all give it the thumbs-up.
      Mr. Aquilina managed to make St. Jude more than a figure on a prayer card for
      me and my children. (That is not an easy task, considering the sparseness of
      the historical record.) I feel that I know St. Jude as a real person, someone
      who will pray for me when I am in need. Especially if that need is a hopeless
      cause.
      An interesting aside is that this book was written by a twelve-year-old boy,
      son of Catholic author Mike Aquilina. It is easy to see that Michael Aquilina
      III has developed his father's writing talent.
      I look forward to reading St. Jude: A Friend in Hard Times over and over
      again to my children. I recommend it highly.