Adult -- God is Near Us

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2005
      Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is,
      put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right
      away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

      Title: God is Near Us: The Eucharist, the Heart of Life
      Author: Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI)
      Publisher: Ignatius Press, USA
      Date Published: June 2003
      ISBN: 0898709628
      Price: 12.95
      Comments: Biblical, historical, and theological dimensions of the Eucharist.

      Editorial Reviews

      Book Description
      The Second Vatican Council says, "We ought to try to discover a new reverence
      for the Eucharistic mystery. Something is happening that is greater than
      anything we can do. The liturgy is the summit toward which the activity of the
      Church is directed; it is the font from which all her power flows."
      This profound statement about the Eucharist stands at the center of this book
      by Cardinal Ratzinger. He compellingly shows us the biblical, historical, and
      theological dimensions of the Eucharist. The Cardinal draws far-reaching
      conclusions, focusing on the importance of one's personal devotion to and
      adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, for the personal reception of Communion by the
      individual Christian, as well as for the life of the Church. For Ratzinger, any
      transformation of the world on the social plane grows out of the celebration of
      the Eucharist. He beautifully illustrates how the omnipotent God comes
      intimately close to us in the Holy Eucharist, the Heart of Life.

      From the Publisher
      Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine
      of the Faith, is one of the most renowned Catholic theological and spiritual
      writers of our times. His numerous books include God and the World, Salt of the
      Earth, and The Spirit of the Liturgy.