Pontiac Ventura Mailing List

  • mickp81@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 1999
      This has not been a very active list, so I am not sure
      how many of us there are. If everyone will introduce
      themselves, tell us about your Ventura, and maybe where
      you are from, we can get this mailing list a little
      more active.

      I have a 73 Pontiac Ventura that I bought from my
      brother in Colorado. I haven't had much time or money
      to spend on it, so I just work on it when I can. It
      had a 350 Pontiac engine, but I sold it and put in a
      350 Chevy engine. I made it a 355 bored-out 30-over to
      make up 475 hp. It has 350-turbo and 411 posi-gears.

      The body needs a lot of work. It's a hatchback, which
      needs to be replaced. The car needs a new paint job
      BADLY, and also a front grill. It's just so hard to
      find Ventura parts around here.

      I drag race it when I can, and it does pretty good.
      When people look at it, they think it doesn't run, but
      then they find out different. I run an 8th mile in
      8.83 at 80 mph. I hope to make her run quicker than
      that soon.

      Anyway, tell us about your car and maybe a little
      about yourself. Hope to hear from all of you.

      Mick Payne

      <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
      MickP81@...
      http://www.intop.net/~payne4/mick.html
      <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    • xray6340
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
        Hi my name is Curtis and I am restoring a 71 ventura. I am having issues with finding brake lines for the front. I have the inline 6 in it. I bought it in New Jersey 6 years ago and have put only 10000 miles on it in that time. Am putting a new 6 cylinder back in it and redid the suspension. But I broke the brake lines trying to remove them. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it thanks

        Curtis
      • Floyd A
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
          --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "xray6340" <xray6340@...> wrote:

          > Hi my name is Curtis and I am restoring a 71 ventura. I am having issues with finding brake lines for the front. I have the inline 6 in it. I bought it in New Jersey 6 years ago and have put only 10000 miles on it in that time. Am putting a new 6 cylinder back in it and redid the suspension. But I broke the brake lines trying to remove them. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it thanks
          >
          > Curtis

          go to your local automotive store and ask at the counter and i'm sure tney can help you with new replacement parts
        • Ima
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
            --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "Floyd A" <airlanes_2000@...> wrote:

            > --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "xray6340" <xray6340@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi my name is Curtis and I am restoring a 71 ventura. I am having issues with finding brake lines for the front. I have the inline 6 in it. I bought it in New Jersey 6 years ago and have put only 10000 miles on it in that time. Am putting a new 6 cylinder back in it and redid the suspension. But I broke the brake lines trying to remove them. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it thanks
            > >
            > > Curtis
            > >
            > go to your local automotive store and ask at the counter and i'm sure tney can help you with new replacement parts

            if you cant find ventura part ask for the ss nova brake lines they should work.
          • Dragon1206
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 26, 2009
              --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "Ima" <ezduzit_all_day@...> wrote:

              > --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "Floyd A" <airlanes_2000@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In PontiacVentura@yahoogroups.com, "xray6340" <xray6340@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi my name is Curtis and I am restoring a 71 ventura. I am having issues with finding brake lines for the front. I have the inline 6 in it. I bought it in New Jersey 6 years ago and have put only 10000 miles on it in that time. Am putting a new 6 cylinder back in it and redid the suspension. But I broke the brake lines trying to remove them. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it thanks
              > > >
              > > > Curtis
              > > >
              > > go to your local automotive store and ask at the counter and i'm sure tney can help you with new replacement parts
              > >
              > if you cant find ventura part ask for the ss nova brake lines they should work.

              Go to Napa they can make new lines of in kind