Pomegranate -Bacterial blight spot (Tellya)

  • tushar.tilwankar@yahoo.in
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi Guys,

      My Pomegranate plants are in 3rd year flowering stage is over and fruits are in 3rd month,
      From last month or so blight spot are found on some plants after that I sprayed
      Antibiotic: 500 ppm of streptocycline ( 0.5 gram per litre of water) + 2 gm copper oxy chloride or copper hydroxide per litre of water. and After the use of antibiotic sprayed solution containing 1 gram ZnSo4 + 1 gram Solubor + 1 gram MgSo4 + 1 gram CaSo4 per litre of water.
      With above dose tellya got covered up to some extent but from last week fruits are again showing some signs of blight spot and it is spreading badly on remaining plants.
      If any one faced same problem and has solution Please post me .

      Thanks,
      Tushar
    • ariel023@inter.net.il
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        what is your location and climate like
        please send photos

        נושא: [PomWorldwide] Pomegranate -Bacterial blight spot (Tellya)
        אל: PomWorldwide@yahoogroups.com

        > Hi Guys,

        My Pomegranate plants are in 3rd year flowering stage is over and fruits are in 3rd month,
        From last month or so blight spot are found on some plants after that I sprayed
        Antibiotic: 500 ppm of streptocycline ( 0.5 gram per litre of water) + 2 gm copper oxy chloride or copper hydroxide per litre of water. and After the use of antibiotic sprayed solution containing 1 gram ZnSo4 + 1 gram Solubor + 1 gram MgSo4 + 1 gram CaSo4 per litre of water.
        With above dose tellya got covered up to some extent but from last week fruits are again showing some signs of blight spot and it is spreading badly on remaining plants.
        If any one faced same problem and has solution Please post me .

        > Thanks,
        > Tushar

        ‭‮
      • Rajiv Kakar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          Tushar

          Take a look at the following posting from another forum:

          I quote: 'Strepto cycline @ 0.5 g per liter and mixing with COC 2 g per liter'

          Which variety are you growing?

          Regards

          Rajiv

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
          • 59 KB
          Hi Ariel,

          Thanks for reply..
          I am from Nashik (Maharashtra(India)), Nashik has a mild climate for most of the year.
          Attached here pic of infected fruit.

          Thanks,
          Tushar
        • tushar.tilwankar@yahoo.in
          Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
            Hi Rajiv,
            Thanks for reply
            We used this antibiotic combination but it doesn't helped.
            We have shendrya (Bhagwa) variety.
            Thanks,
            Tushar