Pomegranate Dormancy

  • Arian H
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2011
      Hey all,
      I am trying out some Salevatski and Parfianka in Zone 6b, Philadelphia.
      It had a few inches of winter-kill i pruned off a month ago (prob took it out of the shed 2nd week of March).
      The plants havn't leafed yet though... i pruned the branches back a bit more and saw green ... I assume its still alive and taking its time coming out of dormancy?
      Is there anything I can do to give it a boost if it is dormant still?

      If its a goner, I may buy some again and just protect it much better.
    • ariel023@inter.net.il
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2011
        Apply 1 % of foliar spray 20:20:20
        And take the plants out only in late April and protect in a better way through winter
        Ariel

        נושא: [PomWorldwide] Pomegranate Dormancy
        אל: PomWorldwide@yahoogroups.com

        > Hey all,
        > I am trying out some Salevatski and Parfianka in Zone 6b, Philadelphia.
        > It had a few inches of winter-kill i pruned off a month ago (prob took it out of the shed 2nd week of March).
        > The plants havn't leafed yet though... i pruned the branches back a bit more and saw green ... I assume its still alive and taking its time coming out of dormancy?
        > Is there anything I can do to give it a boost if it is dormant still?

        If its a goner, I may buy some again and just protect it much better.

        ‭‮
      • Gregory Carrier
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2011
          Green wood is good. It seems to just need more patience.

          Cheers,
          Greg
          Houston, TX - zone 9
        • arianhojat2000
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2011
            Cool thanks Greg,
            I shall wait her out ;).
            -Arian

            --- In PomWorldwide@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Carrier <gcarrier@...> wrote:

            > Green wood is good. It seems to just need more patience.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Greg
            > Houston, TX - zone 9

          • Arian H
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2011
              wow, late April !?
              I took mine out too early.
              Still have green wood, so I will take better measures next winter.

              Btw by your foliar spray tip ...
              Did you mean when it leaves out to spray the leaves with a foliar spray?
              and how often would you spray?
              Any brands of foliar spray you'd recommend, think i saw some kelp based ones.

              Thanks Ariel,
              Arian

              Message 6 of 7 , May 11, 2011
                Hey guys, just wanted to say I see my Salavatski is finally starting to push some leaves out. Nice to know its not a goner :). Parfianka will prob start soon as well as the wood was also in same lively green-ish state :).
              • ariel023@inter.net.il
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 15, 2011