Re: Great Pyramid challange.
- Next on the CBS Amazing Race: the Great Pyramid challange
--- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Donovan" <michael1@m...> wrote:
> Alan, I was answering something on another group. And I thought of
> posting to you to show my interest in this.
> Michael copy below......
Tetrahedra inside cubes!
In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, <amichelson2002@...> wrote :
Similarly on Survivor,
- The first bag contains ten number tiles that need to be put in order on the puzzle table. (1 to 10)
- There are twenty number pieces in the second bag from 11 to 30.
- Laura M. maintains her lead as she finishes her third bag (31 to 60)
- Laura M. then retrieves and starts work on her fourth and final bag, which contains tiles 61 through 100.
---In email@example.com, <a.michelson@...> wrote:
--- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, "Johan E. Mebius" <jemebius@...> wrote:
> I am looking forward to a contest where several teams each handle 4900
> cannonballs instead of 55, some teams starting with a 70x70 square,
> the others starting with a square pyramid in 24 layers!
> (1x1 at the top, 2x2, 3x3 etc ending in 24x24 at the bottom)
> The game will be named "THE 4900".
> Cheers: Johan
> --- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Michelson" amichelson2002@ wrote:
> > Then there was the recent Amazing Race episode where the players had to
> > catch a bus in Poland, and they had to go past the cuboctahedra. You can
> > see that on Photo Albums
> > <http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Polytopia/photos?m=> >
> > Miscellaneous
> > <http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Polytopia/photos/browse/7979> >
> > Amazing-Race-VE.
> > --- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Michelson" <amichelson2002@> wrote:
> > > Did you see last week's Amazing Race
> > > <http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/show/ep06/index3.shtml> ?
> > > They had to stack (1^2) + (2^2) + (3^2) + (4^2) + (5^2) = 55
> > > cannonballs in a square-based pyramid!