Re: three stooges

  • Alan Michelson
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 26, 2009
      Interesting how they pick the colors for the Saint Petersberg (as well as the Los Angeles) Metro:
      1. Red, as we know, is the principle primary color from the low end of the spectrum.
      2. On the other (high) end of the spectrum is blue.
      3. Green is that other primary color somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Stars that are around that color temperature tend to be white, not green, since the red and blue ends of the spectrum are also covered.
      4. Yellow seems to be the brightest color in the spectrum.
      Other exotic colors, such as purple, are added as soon as the basic colors run out.

      Message 52 of 52 , Jan 12, 2013
        > Those same colors were used on the St. Petersburg subway system in
        > Russia, before the new Frunzensko-Primorsk aya Line. Notice the
        > different combinations of subway lines at the transfer stations
        > (Like the edges of the simplex joining the vertexes.)
        …or in this case, the possible [transfer] points from the combinations of intersecting [subway] lines.

        --- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, "Alan M" wrote:

        > --- In Polytopia@yahoogroups.com, Alan Michelson wrote:
        > >
        > > The new Frunzensko-Primorsk aya Line should intersect the other
        > > lines, giving more transfer combinations. (Like the edges of the
        > > simplex joining the vertexes.)
        > …or in this case, the possible [transfer] points from the combinations of intersecting [subway] lines.

        This is from:
        http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Combination.html
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination