Re: Milking Shorthorn cantagree amadeus-p/ Cantagree Milking shorthorn Dairy

  • cantagreems
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
      Lee,
      I must clarify some misunderstandings in your post. We are
      currently milking 41 cows. We prefer to stay around 45. We feed
      alfalfa and alfalfa/grass hay to the dairy cows. The cows get
      between 6 to 12 pounds of grain while they are being milked
      depending on their production. The cows are rotaionally grazed
      during the grazing season. We sell all our bull calves as newborns
      EXCEPT 2 to 3 reserved for our own breeding purposes. Most heifers
      are retained but we do let some go from time to time. Our cow/calf
      herd is the herd that spends the summer in the high country. We did
      not realise that we were supposed to send you info on the other
      polled bull but can send it if you will call again and leave your
      mailing address.
      Darren
      --- In PolledDairyCows@yahoogroups.com, "cvgens" <cvgens@y...> wrote:
      > cantagree amadeus-p is not homozygously polled... sorry about
      that
      > :>(.
      >
      > I did talk to Gene of Cantagree Milking Shorthorn Dairy and I was
      told
      > about there operation and about there genetics and how there
      milking
      > shorthorn work for them in the real world. they only milk 41
      Milking

      <caseyweiss@y...>