Re: [Poland-speaks-out] Re: Welcome to the group

  • Styrna
    Message 1 of 57 , Dec 21, 2007
      Lavrentiy the truth seeker welcome to the group.This is  also  our  mission.
      I was born in Poland,  immigrated to Canada as a child with Sybir and Nazi concetration camp survivor parents. I am married to a Turkish Kurd.
      Pozdrawiam Krystyna in a learning curve

      Carol Dove <stashaok@...> wrote:
      Laurence,

      I am glad you joined. I also enjoy your group, please feel free to add your link to my files. I am also in Kresy-Siberia group and they have alot of stories of intreast. Because Kresy-Siberia sticks to that subject, many times it was connected to other issues but they were "off topic" and we could not discuss them. This is how this group came about, a place to speak out.

      As you can see we are new on the block and I jumped into this and learn as I go. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

      Carol Celinska Dove

      krupniak <Lkrupnak@erols. com> wrote:
      Hello Carol!

      Thank you for the welcome note. I have no Polish ancestry, from
      an ethnicity basis, so you and members here might ask, "why you here?"
      I subscribed to Poland-Speaks- Out because all four of my grandparents
      were born in villages which are located south and east of Lesko
      (Lisko). Their ethnicity is Rusniak (aka Carpatho-Rusyn which is often
      now simply shorten to "Rusyn" and many simply classify that ethnicity
      as Ukrainian). Many people are unaware of the fact that there are
      three types of Rusniaks - Russophiles, Ukrainophiles and Rusynophiles.

      I subscribed to Poland-Speaks- Out because I'm a knowledge seeker.
      I want to "hear" all perspectives about events that occurred in an
      area/nation where my ancestors and relatives were born and resided. I
      want to "hear" examples of individual experiences so that I can better
      understand the events that occurred in the past and many of those
      events shape current international relationships in Eastern Europe. For
      example, Rusyns have their perspective, Poles have their perspective,
      Ukrainians have their perspective, and Russians have their
      perspective. I often come to the conclusion that one group does not
      often understand or render the whole truth and all the facts. Truth
      often resides in the middle.

      I also subscribed to your forum because you participate on the
      Yahoo Groups Galicia_Poland- Ukraine list service which I "own" and
      moderate.

      ______

      Laurence Krupnak

      My screen name is Lavrentiy Krupniak

      Carol Dove wrote:

      > Please welcom Krupniak, gosford and weld4less to the group. If you
      get
      > a second please let us know a bit about youself, where you live, what
      > you are looking for in the group, intreasts.
      >
      > Thanks, Carol

    • krupniak
      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 22, 2007
        Force,

        What is your given name and what is your surname, your legal
        surname?

        Descibe your Polish ancestry. I know a few items about your
        Ukrainian ancestry.

        ________

        Lavrentiy