Michal Niechwiadowicz

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2012

      Dear Group,

      Found this on the web.  I would appreciate a moment of your time to pay your respects to my Uncle.

      Regards

      Jan N., Cardiff

      http://www.phillyburbs.com/obituaries/the_intelligencer/michal-niechwiadowicz/article_cb432390-1d90-5f14-a8be-0490deddb433.html

      Michal Niechwiadowicz, World War II veteran and chemical engineer, died Monday, May 14, 2012, at his home in Warrington. He was 86.

      Awarded The Cross of Valor and Monte Cassino Cross while serving with the Polish 2nd Corps during the Italian Campaign, he also received The British War Medal and British Defence Medal for service with the British 8th Army.

      While at FosterGrant, he held a U.S. patent for molding expandable alkenyl aromatic polystyrene beads. After retiring from American Hoechst, he did consulting for Huntsman Corporation, and SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation).

      An honorary life member of the Knights of Columbus, he was a 4th Degree Knight with the Bishop Beaven Assembly, a former District Deputy and past Grand Knight. An open pair champion Bridge player; he was a lifelong fan of the Boston Red Sox.

      Married for 60 years to Maria (Kukiel) Niechwiadowicz, he had four daughters and two sons.

      A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, at The National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa, St. Ann's Chapel, 654 Ferry Road, Doylestown. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, at the Shelly Funeral Home, 1460 Easton Road in Warrington. Burial will take place at the Shrine Cemetery in the Veteran's Section following the Mass.

      In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Michal's name to the Hospice Program at Abington Memorial Hospital, 2510 Maryland Road, Willow Grove PA 19090.

      To send condolences to the family, please visit the funeral home Web site below. Shelly Funeral Home,

      Warrington

      www.shellyfuneralhomes.com