Lecture on media bias against Poles

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
      Dear Members,

      The lecture I was going to do but cancel due the sad events of 10th April, has a new date. It will take place here in the UK at Sala Brydzowa,POSK, the Polish community centre in Hammersmith, London. It will be at 5pm on Saturday 12th June 2010 lasting about an hour. I hope to meet people after the event and possible go for a drink and/or meal. If UK members could make it then that would be great.

      Contact me for further details.

      Regards

      Jan Niechwiadowicz, Cardiff
    • Witold Szymanski
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
        Many thanks for your e-mail, Jan,

        I'd have gladly come to your lecture at Sala Brydzowa, POSK, but we have
        booked a break in Sopot at that time.

        Please, therefore, kindly e-mail the content of your lecture.

        Kind regards,
        Witold "Wolyniak", north Wales.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010

          Dear Witold,

          The lecture is with friends to be proof read at present.  It will either be put on my website or hopefully maybe a Polish media organisation website here in the UK .  I will inform the group when it is available.

          Enjoy your time in Sopot.  Never been but giving some thought to a trip to that area in the summer.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
            Looking forward to receiving the scripture of your lecture, Jan.

            Trzymaj si fajnu!

            Witek.
            PS. My first language is Polish, is it yours too?

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 23, 2010

              Post to Poland Speak Out Yahoo group

              Dear Group,

              Please note that a copy of my lecture on bias against Poles in the UK is available at http://supportpoland.org/.  In addition you can find other articles, book reviews and details of media issues.  Further there is contact details for the Polish media issues group which has just started our fifth year.  During this time we have helped alongside the Polish government, Polish organisation and individual members of the Polonia to deal with several hundred issues.  Typical this is incorrect references to the German extermination programme in occupied Poland during WWII such as "Polish concentration camps".