Re: [Poland-speaks-out] FYI London The Stalin Society

  • neuroleptic1959
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2009
      British Journalist Johann Hari wrote an editorial for the New Statesman in October 2002, which describes a meeting of the society in a highly critical fashion. Hari wrote that a meeting of the society at which he attended consisted only "of around 30 people is primarily - as you might expect - elderly to the point of decrepitude" and that "for these people, Stalinism has become a habit they can't shake off" (although he noted there were a few young people). Hari compared the Stalin Society was comparable to the "Flat Earth Society, or Elvis fans who insist that the King is still alive." Finally, Hari critcizied what he views as the society's complete dismissal of any criticism of Stalin.[7]